Friday, January 30, 2009

Why do PHDs think everyone else in the world is fucking retarded

http://www.cnn.com/2009/TECH/science/01/29/waterproof.rice/index.html?eref=rss_topstories

This story is cool but I'm not here to blog about super rice.

I want to point out a specific quote.

"People [in the United States] think, well, if I don't have enough rice, I'll go to the store," said Ronald, a professor of plant pathology at UC-Davis. "That's not the situation in these villages. They're mostly subsistence farmers. They don't have cars."

Thanks Ronald, but people in the United States are quite aware that not every country has gigantic grocery stores every couple blocks filled with 8000 boxes of Uncle Ben at their disposal. We don't need you to tell us like we're 4 year olds.

I feel like I see the grocery store example used every time every time I see a story about how people in other countries have a harder time getting food than people in America.

Shut up about how unaware we are and just tell us about the super rice.

No comments: