Sunday, January 25, 2009

Best Job Ever

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20090113/od_afp/lifestyleaustraliatourismoffbeat_20090113032028


So I legitimately think I'm pretty well qualified for this job and I'm 50/50 thinking about applying for the job.

Here is an excerpt from the article:
"In return, the "island caretaker" will be expected to stroll the white sands, snorkel the reef, take care of "a few minor tasks" -- and report to a global audience via weekly blogs, photo diaries and video updates.

The successful applicant, who will stay rent-free in a three-bedroom beach home complete with plunge pool and golf buggy, must be a good swimmer, excellent communicator and be able to speak and write English.

"They'll also have to talk to media from time to time about what they're doing so they can't be too shy and they'll have to love the sea, the sun, the outdoors," said acting state Premier Paul Lucas."


Here are my qualifications:
Lifestyle: I've grown up in Southern California living the beach lifestyle. I already know how to surf, kayak, snorkel (not that this is an actual talent but you know what I mean), build sand castles (this is an actual talent) and do all that other beach stuff that I would be doing.

I already know a lot about Australia (I've seen finding Nemo like 14 times). Sea turtles can live to be 150!!

I'm obviously an accomplished blogger and can handle talking to the media about how awesome Australia is if the Australia I'm living in is sandy beaches and beautiful girls.

And although I suspect they want a pretty girl for the position, I'm a pretty boy (no jokes, I hear it enough from Meeko and I'm starting to believe it) and hopefully that will be good enough.

I went to the website and was able to see one of the applications (a one minute youtube video) and was hardly impressed. It was a 45 year old guy from Ohio that made a slideshow of himself scuba diving and gave a 30 second monologue on why he should get the job.

I'm pretty confident that I would be awesome for this job.

2 comments:

Blair said...

duuude i wanna apply for this too! so fuckin cool.

and i am not something that annoys you!

Sarah said...

get this job! then you'll be really close to me and i can come visit and snorkel on the great barrier reef!