Monday, January 26, 2009

My real job

So a lot of people have been asking what I do at my job. I mostly offer short responses before I quickly change the subject because I don't want to go through my long spiel, but here is my long spiel.

I work for the Automotive division of the Pasha Group. http://www.pashagroup.com/shell/frame.phtml?section=Automotive

Pasha Automotive is an auto processing company.
When new cars are built in Japan, Mexico, and Germany; they come to the US pretty bare. So if they need a DVD entertainment system or a Satellite Radio installed, our installers do it. So our company is divided in to two departments, processing and assembly. Assembly is responsible for installations. Processing is responsible for getting the cars off ships, and getting them around our facility, putting the new car literature in all the cars, and then loading them onto trains (we have 7 train trucks right outside the building in which i work) to be shipped to dealers.

The accounts we have are Audi, Acura, Bentley, Honda, Isuzu, Lamborghini, Lotus, Mazda, Porsche, Toyota, and Volkswagen.

So my boss is the processing manager and I'm his right hand man.

We also work for a railroad (BNSF) and do repairs to the rail cars.

What my specific job duties are:
Do billing and create invoices for the railroad and car companies who use our services.

Track employee and departmental efficiency and look for patterns and trends that might show us where we need improvement.

Perform return on investment projections for capital equipment. So I make revenue projections based on the rates for services and expected costs and see if its worth our while to tackle a new venture.

Some little known details...

1 out of every 8 imported cars comes through our facility in San Diego.

I actually work in a building, inside another building. I have that many more separations between me and sunlight.

There is a big battleship like 200 feet from our docks.

If you look at the picture on the website, i work in the biggest building of the 3.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=1309+Bay+Marina+Dr,+National+City,+CA+91950&sll=32.791263,-117.241843&sspn=0.009885,0.019312&g=3945+Gresham+St,+San+Diego,+CA+92109&ie=UTF8&ll=32.65513,-117.115717&spn=0.0198,0.038624&t=h&z=15

2 comments:

nunya said...

Anonymous said...

now i can actually be detailed in my response to people when describing your job. i used to say..."he works at the san diego port doing something with cars."