Sunday, March 1, 2009

Book Review: The Tales of Beedle the Bard

Many have you have followed and loved the Harry Potter series like I have. Last year, JK Rowling published a book of wizard fairy tales that accompany the main books titled, "The Tales of Beedle the Bard." Some of the short stories in the book were referenced in the Harry Potter series before "The Tales of Beedle the Bard" were actually written.

The book itself is 5 short stories that, like most other fairy tales, have a moral or lesson but these stories all involve wizards and magic.

Maybe I expected too much because the Harry Potter books were so good but I was disappointed. The stories seemed too short to actually get involved in the story. The best story was the "Tale of the 3 Brothers." Unfortunately, that was also the one that had been told in it's entirety in another Harry Potter book (the story that explains the how the invisibility cloak came to be).

Unfortunately, I finished the book and thought to myself, "what was the point of publishing that?" The last page describes the charity for institutionalized kids for which the proceeds of the book were heading and I felt like a jackass. So buy the book, just don't expect much when you read it.

3 comments:

NASCAR Rep said...

bullshit your adult league baseball stats. no one cares that you suck balls.

Chris said...

No one is forcing you to click it. This is my blog, meaning everything to do with Els is on it. Suck my balls.

dee loc said...

i liked the hairy heart story.